After the class, Pauline picked Ethan up to go swimming. She also offered to take him to school and back too, which works out perfect for getting the piano. So i get home, wash and dress ready for picking up the piano. I cleared out the car, got the £250 out and headed it off. It was a nightmare. First off, the sat nav froze, taking me OVER the Severn bridge, meaning i had to pay £5.70 to get back over. I then had to find another cash point to get more money out. So i had wasted a good 40 minutes. The sat nav doesn't know where its going so i take a random road heading toward Chepstow and it reconfigures. I get to the supposed house, for about 12.45, 45 minutes after i said i would arrive. No one is there! I then realise it's the wrong house, get in the car and get to the right house...NO ONE IS THERE! So i sit in the car for 3 hours waiting. I am so tired that i slept most of it with Lills next to me. The lady comes at about 4pm and felt terrible - her daughter was meant to be there. She shows me the piano and it is filthy. Really dusty and sticky - not too impressed with that as it wasn't stated on the listing. She calls her son in law to come and help lift the piano into my car. She thought it wouldn't fit but it did - i made sure i measured! I'm just so glad that the waiting is over - a slight wave of panic had come over me! I get home about 6.30ish where Jared has taken care of Ethan. I haven't eaten anything all day so i chomp down some dinner while waiting for them to come.
I have to say, i am a little disappointed with the piano to start with. It smells quite musty, but after a real good clean down, it came up well! Now i just need to find the time to play it, in between e baying, getting Philly's photo's, attending church classes and general household jobs... I might even sell it. Jared was mifted that it wasn't what i wanted. Ah well, i might keep it or i might get a new one from Cranes, we will see!
Right after cleaning up the piano, you will never guess who walks through the door! ESME! She is down for the weekend, Whooooohooooooo! She said she had been calling me and was wondering if i would come to Frankie and Benny's for a dessert with the girls. Hell yes! So i was out the door as soon as i was in it! And it was so much fun;
Suzie is trying to do the 'glasses and beard' thing!
Mustashio!
Yeah, it tasted good!;
I am attractive!;
Walrus!
I got back after 11pm - so tired! I tidied up a bit, i just couldn't resist the mess. Now BED TIME!
No comments:
Post a Comment