Have a little Paroozle..

Saturday, 12 November 2011

Temple Time.

Today is Philly's birthday. She would have been 27 years old. I woke up quite early as Lilsie wanted a feed. She went back to sleep for a bit while i was wide awake. I thought of Philly and what she would be doing today, if she would be celebrating her birthday. Then it overcame me like it was just yesterday. I miss her so much.

It wasn't long before lily was up for the day, so i took her in the shower with me. It was the first time i've done it, and she loved it! It's so funny to see her little face as the water runs over it. Jared kept saying he is shattered despite the fact he had a full night's sleep and i had 3 feeding times! Hahaa! Oh how i long to sleep through the night again. Come on Lilsie, give mummy some sleep! After i finished getting Lilsie ready, she fell asleep. We took some pictures of her sitting in a chair before she went to sleep;





 And i'm happy to be up and ready to face the day!;



Jared eventually got up and showered but i wasn't to leave the room till he was ready. I felt like a child on Christmas day being made to wait to go down as everyone gets washed and dressed;



When he was finally ready, we walked to Peter and Pauline's room for breakfast. Sam had only got out of the shower and had his hairy chest out, then came the new nickname of 'rugsie'. Hahahaha! Rugsie the ghost! Jared only has a bit, like a small mat, so he is matsie. Matsie and Rugsie! Hahahahahahahaha! Peter is the worst, so we called him 'shag pile'. That was quickly dropped though, for obvious reasons. Haha.

I managed to catch Martin and Jan both seperately as they walked over to the Temple. She asked me to bring Lily over when we went in, so after getting ready, Jared walked over with us so he could take Lily when we were done. Pauline and i were going in first to do some Initiatories. Jan loved her! She thinks she looks just like an Evans. She bought two lovely little outfits and hand croqueted a blanket. Beautiful blanket too with little ballerina shoes on them. I love spending time in the Temple. Lilsie was lucky to get past the desk! I also handed in the names i had found in the week to be printed. It is so satisfying to get your own family done. After we had finished, we met up with Jared to get some lunch.

Jared went in with Pauline to do an endownment after buying some bits from the distribution centre, and Sam went in to do one initiatory. While they were out, Peter and I went to the family history centre to continue to look for names. I found another three names and i took them over to the Temple to be printed again.

When everyone got back, we headed out to Sainsburys to get some bits and pieces for lunch tomorrow and to fill the car with fuel for the long journey home. I think when Lily is not so dependent on us, Jared and I will go to the Temple for a night and just do as much work as possible. It's hard to focus on doing the work with children around you needing your attention.

We all went for a meal at the Peacock for tea after we'd finished our erands, and it was lovely. We had a good laugh around the table. I have married a very funny man. I can't breathe from laughter sometimes! We all travelled back to our rooms to chill before bed. Lily got her first taste of a rusk and milk and loved it, despite dribbling most of it out onto her bib. I called her bibsie. So we have rugsie, matsie and bibsie. Hahaha. She is so vocal now, cooing and shouting. It is so cute. I love my little family!

Peter and i sat doing some more family history, ironing out the kinks in some of the connections. I managed to find a line called the horn which has the potential to unlock and find hundreds of people! I am so excited! I have my work cut out completely. I hope i will be prompted to follow whatever line is needed. The thought of so many people waiting to progress and can't, it makes me feel sad. At least i've caught the bug for it, so i have many years of discovering it!

Happy Birthday beautiful Aunty Philly. Xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment