Today I'm spending the day with Pauline. There are strikes going on, so Ethan has no school today. The plan was to make a stop at Ikea, Techniquest and then Macro. I got up quite early (well, early for me!) and fitted the food shop in before getting Pauline. I felt quite impressed as i managed to put it all away as well before picking her up.
The journey down was fast and we stopped first to get some lunch. It was so busy as most schools were closed because of the striking. It was nice to spend some time together, as i feel Pauline want's to talk about Philippa and the things surrounding her death. I find it helps me a lot. They have been so kind to me, even when i don't deserve it. The beauty of Pauline is that she doesn't even realise how good she is and how she never thinks of herself. She always puts others first.
We walked around the market place and bought a few bits and pieces before paying and driving to Techniquest. It turned out to be a bit of a nightmare as the tunnel to techniquest has closed - i don't know why, and as it's the only way that i know to get there, i had to plug the sat nav in. It was driving me all over the place, Lily was screaming, Ethan needed a wee...etc. So we decided to just go straight to Macro. It worked out the best as it was nearly 4pm when we got there and Pauline was going out a t 6pm.
I have to say, Costco is miles better than Macro! We bought the plates and bowls for the blessing along with some other nibbles. As Ethan didn't get to play at Techniquest, Pauline bought him this funny voice changer. He walked round the store with it in his hand, calling to everyone. He does this funny thing where he doesn't like other people looking at him, despite him being so loud. He turns away making a noise of disgust. Funny boy! We spent time in the car on the way home talking and crying. It's so hard to see through the sadness sometimes.
I dropped Pauline home and prayed that Lily would just go to sleep, which she eventually did. I made tea, unpacked the goods from the day and chilled a little with Jared as he watched a footy match. I also cleared the camera of photo's ready to sell. I could make a bit of money! Again, going to bed far too late! I don't know why i continually do it to myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment