As we got the second car back from the garage, this is my first full day with the car while Jared is on placement. It makes me so happy! I got up with the kids, got ready and took them out shopping. It could only be a light one as we are a little skint right now. Well, it turned into a little bit of an ordeal. I don't know what was up with Lily, but she cried and cried! She's so heavy for me to constantly carry, so i had to keep putting her down in intervals and she cried and cried! By the time i got to the checkout, i was exhausted. A nice man helped load my trolley onto the conveyer belt, and when it came to my turn to pack, i placed my bags in my trolley. The cashier told me it's not practical for me to pack my bags while she scans as i would take too long. No offence love, two screaming kids, a cold day and an empty stomach does make me exempt from having to repack everything at the car, all because you don't want to have to slow your pace down when throwing the stuff at me.
So i did that shop, and then a quick nip to Tesco where Ethan was so excited at the thought of getting a pack of stickers. He nearly lost the stickers because he was constantly trying to wake Lily up. He is so cheeky sometimes! Telling me 'no mummy!' when i do something he doesn't like.
When i got home, poor Lilsie had only had about half hour of sleep, so she was tetchy and grumpy. I quickly made some lunch and packed away the shopping before playing dominos with Ethan. He doesn't quite understand the rules with games. Everything is always 'mine'. He hogs the ones that have double pictures on, i don't know why. I hope he will understand soon!
He went into school happy and chirpy while i hurried home to make dinner and clean up a bit. Eve and Ben are coming for dinner tonight. I shoved the tagine together before trying to clean up before getting Ethan. I didn't get the house quite how i liked, but never mind. We had a lovely meal together, and they stayed till about 9pm. It was so nice to catch up and talk together. I know things have been hard recently, it was nice for them to just relax. Their baby boy should be with us very soon! So exciting!
By the time we cleaned up an sorted out downstairs, it was nearly 11pm. Bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment