Kind of a sleep in this morning - Ethan didn't actually wake up until 8.30, and Lills was still asleep. Yey! I still feel shattered though. Ethan made an appearance in the night. I tend to roll over and notice a little person next to me and Jared no where to be seen - he's gone into Ethan's bed! We got up and ready for about 9.45ish. I planned to take the kids to Gymnastics at the leisure centre while Jared cracked on with his dissertation prep. When we got there, i was told it was cancelled. The lady that does it, Kelly, hadn't been there for weeks as she had some back surgery and needed to recover properly. She has just got back to doing it when her father passed away. He must only be in his late 50's. My heart goes out to her. She is so good with Ethan, especially as hes such a hyper little boy! She seems to be able to channel his energy and get him to LISTEN to her, something i haven't quite conquered yet! So gymnastics is off for two weeks. I took the opportunity instead to go to Tesco and pick up a few bits. It's so funny going, as i can't get a trolley that has a baby seat and a big boy one together as he will really hurt her, so i end up putting her car seat in the main trolley and Ethan in the seat. I have the tiniest bit of room at the front the put things. I suppose it deters me from spending more than i need to! Haha.
I bought some balloons to play with, so i blow up a few for Ethan and tie them up. On the 5th one i accidently let it go and it blew all around the room - I have never seen Ethan crack up laughing so much! He thought it was hilarious! So for the next few minutes i blew them up for him to let go. I had to stop after a while as my head was spinning, flip!
I made him some lunch before we went to school and as i was in the kitchen, he called for both Jared and i to come and see him. We found him like this;
I did nearly have a heart attack as her basket was only just out of sight, but thankfully he didn't do anything to hurt her. He really loves his little sister.
I dropped Ethan off at school and had pre-arranged to go to Paulines house to help her go through the second lot of boxes of Philly's things. It is so hard. I know it's only worldly possessions but they belonged to Philly. Some items i remember her buying, or being with her as she bought them. It just brings home the reality of what we are doing. I took two boxes of stuff home to go through here and keep. She was so spiritual - i never really appreciated how spiritual she was. I feel such a drive to be a better person, to help others out no matter what. The gospel of Christ is what this is all about. Not getting the best car or outfit. I have a greater love for my inlaws than i ever have, and have realised that they are just as important to me as my parents. What a blessing they are in my life.
Before long i had to do the school run. I don't understand it, nearly every time i'm picking Ethan up from school he is dying for a wee by the time we get to the car. I had no option to let him pee by the side of the car. Gross, i know. A bunch of kids saw him too - i just ducked down behind the boot as i put the pram away! Haha.
I started dinner when i got in, fed my little family and started to clear out my maternity clothes out of my cupboard. As Jared is at a course on a Monday, we reserve our Tuesdays for FHE, so we had a little mormon message and lesson on agency. It's hard trying to engage such an active child in a lesson - he was bouncing all over the place! I find it quite frustrating sometimes, especially when it comes to trying to teach him the doctrines of the gospel. Does any of it actually get through?! After FHE, we watched a video on Youtube called, 'you forgot the blueberries.' Jared laughed and laughed. Definitely worth watching!
I have a bit of money coming to me next week and told Jared that he can go ahead and buy the Bass he wants. We pick it up Friday :) Something to keep him going in this hard time and give him some restbite. It's so lovely to see how excited he was!
I'm giving all my maternity clothes to Eve Davies to wear, and as i keep forgetting to bring them i thought i would take them to her house. As i was leaving, Jared and Ethan were about to play a Nerf battle, hense the moving of furniture;
It was so good to see Eve! I love her so much! We can talk for hours and hours and it was so good to talk. Ben was there for a bit too before he went to football. They are such a lovely couple. Eve always makes me laugh my head off, even when i feel so down. I loves her so much;
Peter, Pauline and Sam were just leaving when i got home. I called my mum to have a quick chat to see how everything is going. Rachel has left for uni and is now in a house of 5 girls. Jake leaves for uni on saturday which is perfect- i'm going to Telford for a visit to see the family, i get to see him before he goes. Jared didn't have a nerf battle in the end as Ethan lost his gun. I'm now in bed flagging - time for a quick scripture read before sleepies. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment