Jared has his speed awareness course today so i had to have him at the Orbit Centre for 8.45am. Lills wouldn't go to sleep for ages after her feed in the night so i am so tired! I had to force myself out of bed! But i did it, and i got Ethan ready and myself..whoop! I have quite alot of house work to catch up on so that is the theme of this morning - look at only two days of washing;
Lills just chilling in her basket as i get on with it!;
I bought a kit a few months ago where you can make a mould of a fist to keep. I put off doing it with Ethan as i didn't think he was old enough to do it, then completely forgot about it. I found it last week and thought i would give it a shot, seeing as it only cost 60p. I must say, Ethan didn't do too bad at keeping still;
I think i'll go back and get some more if there are any - When Lills is asleep i can do her too! Possible Christmas pressies?? Hmmm... I also managed to study with Ethan his verbs book. His speech is a little slow and he struggles with verbs, so describing what is happening in pictures helps alot. Lills woke up then and wanted some cuddling, so i didn't manage to get much done before school. I hate having a messy house but i'm learning to chill on it a bit more. I have to keep telling myself that it doesn't matter!
After picking Jared up and dropping Ethan at school (he didn't cry too much today!) we nipped in the house for lunch and then drove to Peter and Paulines for a quick visit. We can't lay a headstone at Philly's grave until 6 months have past to let the ground settle, so Pauline bought a little stone that can have flowers placed in them. I totally forgot my camera as it was on charge, but will add some photo's in time. We arranged some fake flowers in the pot - Red and White, as Philly always described her wedding with those colours. It looked lovely. Jared was on his usual kayaking speak. He is so unbelievably desperate to get these kayaks! We hope it will be before Christmas, anything to stop the tyrades of kayak talk! Hahaha.
After getting Ethan from school (it always rains when i do the school run!) we headed up to the cemetry to place the flowers and stone. She is in such a lovely spot, just off the path. The keepers had sprinked some soil and grass seed down over her grave so it looks alot better. I never thought i would say it, but i find comfort going there. We all said we wouldn't go there that much, maybe only on special occasions, if that. I still find it so hard to believe that we are at this point, leaving flowers on her grave when only eight weeks ago she had just come to visit Lily and us. It's just so strange.
When we got back to Pauline's house, Lily was hysterical. I couldn't figure out why when i realised she hadn't been fed in over 4 hours! The poor bubsie! I need to keep better time of feeds - time goes so fast between each feed. I had to stop and feed her there while Ethan tried to get Nanny and Grandad to give him food. Crisps or 'crips', cheese triangles...anything!
I did fajitas for tea. It was yum! Jared helped tidy up the house a bit before heading to his EDCL course for the evening. It's a computer training course that is part of his University course. I always found the thought of dealing with two little ones by myself quite daunting, but i have to say it's really not been that hard, especially with how Ethan has been with Lills - rolling on her, sitting on her, squeezing her arm and the worst, lifting up her head and letting it drop. The poor girl! But i know she will get her own back on him one day. He just loves her to death/serious harm. After the bedtime routine was complete, teeth cleaned and stories read, Ethan was out for the count within 15 minutes. It usually takes a little longer than that with all the getting in and out of bed, shouting 'BACK TO BED' and pretending to climb the stairs to scare him back to bed. It's quite an event putting a toddler to bed!
I managed to get on top of all the washing and washing up, even if it meant putting the hoover on as white noise to stop Lills from crying. Believe me, it works! I use the hairdryer upstairs and it knocks her out too! I need to start sorting through Philly's clothes - i am going to get rid of my clothing and have hers as i just can't part with it. Jared came home from his course and immediately worked out. I have to say, i have never sweated like that;
Yeah it's gross, but i kinda marvel at it at the same time..haha!
P&P popped in just before bedtime to see us. They had had Cathy Powles over for dinner and just dropped her back. Despite the circumstances, it's been a real help seeing them everyday since 1st August. I feel so much closer as a family unit to them and i look forward to the day when we will all be together again. What a great day that will be. If only we could know the time and date! Hahaha. Lills the little monkey kept waking up after a few cat naps, so i had to try and type while feeding. Quite the challenge!;
No comments:
Post a Comment