Have a little Paroozle..

Thursday, 15 September 2011

Breacon Train

Today Jared and I were shattered. Jared woke up at around 6am with a splitting headache, so it was my job to go get him some parocetamol ;) Haha! I had pre-arranged to go swimming with Pauline, Ethan and Lily. Due to being so tired, i didn't wake up till 9.15am! Jared didn't go to Uni either as he was feeling so exhausted. Having children is knackering!


I was due to get to get to Pauline's for 10am, but didn't make it till 10.45am. Trying to adjust to having two tiddlers takes some getting used to. Sam came with us too to have Lily so i could go in. The little angel slept right through, so i got to do some lengths while Pauline played with Ethan. I'm hoping to get Ethan into swimming lessons in January to build up his confidence. He loved his visit to the pool and for the first time ever, he went down the baby slide in the pool! We are making progress with his confidence.

After an invigarating swim, we stopped at the Cafe to feed Ethan before school. He munched his way through a jacket potato and beans, managing to wipe half of it on his top which i didn't have time to change for school! Fab! I dropped Pauline and Sam home and then rushed Ethan to school. For the first time ever i had a hard job of getting him settled in the classroom. He cried and sobbed for me to not go - I felt so bad leaving him. I had to slip out quickly before he noticed i had gone. Poor bubby boy :(

It's so different having another baby to look after - before Lills was born i used to get so much done in that 2 hour slot. Now it's taken up with feeding and keeping her happy, which i love doing. I'm so glad to have her here with us. This time last year i doubted that i would ever have another baby. She's such a little poppet!

After picking Ethan up from school, i got back home for Jared to tell me that we have been invited to his parents for dinner. Wahey! No cooking for me tonight! We head over there, stopping off at Pontscill to see the Breacon Train. Ethan still loves trains.

Jared and I just before leaving - he's growing his hair;

 Ethan loves his little sister. I can't leave her alone in a room with him for two seconds, he's straight on her!

 As you can see, i can't take a picture of her without Ethan trying to get in on the shot!

 We headed up to Pontsticill to see the big steam train, Ethan was super excited!

 Excellent timing!





 Beautiful baby girl Lily, or Lills as we call her :)

 Ethan then spotted the park at the end of the platform. He runs so fast!

 Mummy and Lills together;

 Quick family shot before heading to Nanny and Grandad's house;

Peter and Pauline offered to have Ethan for the evening so that Jared and I could have a better nights sleep. Hazzah! They have a teddy in school called Barney that is passed between the children. They take it home with them, draw a picture in the book of what they did and bring it in the next day for the next child to have a turn. After dinner, we decided to attempt a picture of the pair of them together. Here is my attempt;







I think these two are the money shot! Ethan prefers to pull faces than smile in the photos.


 Jared went upstairs to watch a footy match with Tottenham - football is a touchy subject in our house! Bishop Aaron Jones and Lee Prosser popped in for a visit to see how the family are doing. It's been nearly seven weeks since the accident and things have been really tough. While they were visiting, Ethan got a velcro ball and bat out and played it with Lee. When they left, he shouted, 'thank you for playing with me!' It was so cute! When he learnt that we were leaving him to sleep here, he cried and cried - we ended up having to slip out of the house.

We had a nice early night, reading in bed while baby girl slept. Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment