Have a little Paroozle..

Friday, 27 July 2012

The Peak of Chicken Pox

I woke up today to Ethan crying. The poor boy has a terribly high temperature, pussy spots and a sore mouth. I went to cuddle him in his bed (he sleeps in my mum's room to give me some rest) and he sobbed and cried that he wanted to get better. We all got into my mother's bed and i explained to him that i had chicken pox when i was a little girl, but got better. He looked at me and stated, 'i want to be grown up now too!' 

So today is going to be a bit of a 'cuddle Ethan and not do much else' day. We got him washed and dressed with Lily, which was a challenge. Eventually he was snuggled up on the couch with Jake so we could go get some shopping and medicine. Mum the star bought it all! It's always nice to have a break from the kids. Even if it is just going shopping. Once we got back, we started to get the medicine into Ethan. He will NOT take medicine, no matter what way i give it to him. I think he is finally getting that it's good to him, and worth the sacrifice of taking it, as he took all the amount needed. Poor boy!


Within 20 minutes, he was back on his feet. It was like that for the rest of the day! Up and down! Poor boy. He had a really long sleep to get his strength back. It also meant i had a break from crying!

I picked Jared up from the train station at about 8pm, before getting home to watch the Olympic ceremony. I watched most of it, but it wasn't finishing till 1am and i just couldn't stay awake anymore, so i put Ethan to bed and fell asleep beside him. I have to say though, i was so impressed. I did feel proud to be British!

No comments:

Post a Comment