It’s Lily’s birthday! Hurrah! She is one today! I really
didn’t know what to do with the kiddies today, as money is tight and petrol is
expensive but I thought, ‘what the heck’ and went to the beach again. I rang
Emma Jane to see if she was still going and if I could tag along. Thankfully
they hadn’t even left yet. I was all packed up ready to go by 10.30am; they
weren’t leaving until 11.30am, which eventually led to 12.30pm. I followed
Richard and Dove down, and they took one of Emma Jane’s kids with them. Ethan couldn’t
get his name right, calling him Enoch. It made me laugh inside. We arrived at
1.30ish which was a bit later than planned.
The weather was just glorious again. I love how the sun reflects
off the sand as the tide goes out and it’s still damp. We managed to find a space
quickly as the tide was moving out. It did bug me that the teenyboppers that
set up near us decided to start smoking pot. Gross. When they start suffering
the effects, no doubt they will blame God. Anyway..
Ethan and Lily loved it again. Ethan decided to be a tinker
today though, which meant my patience was being frayed. For some reason, he
wanted to chuck wet sand in the air. Of course with loads of people around it
meant it was landing on them. After several warnings and several attempts to
ruin other children’s sand castles, I put him on a time out next to the pram.
Of course, sand being present, he did his first trick again of throwing it in
the air. I watched it land on some large lady’s legs and that was it. I picked
him up and stepped him into Lily’s buggy for 10 minutes. He screamed and
screamed. I would be embarrassed, but after 4 ½ years of exposure, I’m just
not. He eventually calmed down, said sorry, I calmed down and said sorry, and
all was well again.
I couldn't keep Lily away from the rock pools: she was straight in there!:
Ethan playing 'nice':
The water was really cold!
I had to pack up and leave just after 3pm as i was doing dinner tonight. Ethan wasn't happy to go. Lily was so sandy, it took ages to get her cleaned up. Good old talcum powder! She cleaned up lovely! I did tell the life guards about the potty pot pots, but i doubt they did anything. When walking back up to the car, we came across a family who had a member on the mobility scooter. Ethan pointed at her and said, 'mummy, i want one of these for my birthday!' Well, everyone around him laughed. What a cheeky chappy! He managed to run from me when i was talking to the life guard and get under a barrier that was just before a sheer drop. I honestly don't know what to do with this boy! He likes to keep me on my toes!
I got back to the house and put on dinner. Lasagne, salad, coleslaw, garlic bread and jacket potato. One of my favourite meals. Peter and Pauline joined us for it too. While it was cooking, we did the present opening. Ethan was more thrilled than Lily, the funny boy!:
One from grandma:
Dinner was so good! Lily loved it too. She munched a load of cheese cake:
Pauline's puppet;
Bath time as we were all stinking from the beach and dinner!:
I did shed a few tears this morning. Today was the last day we saw Philippa last year. The last day we got to talk to her. Peter and Pauline felt it too, and didn't have such a good day. I miss that girl so much. I can't wait to give her a big hug again.
Once we cleaned up, we put the kids to bed and did another 24 fest. Even now, as i type this, Jared is nagging me to put another one on! I guess the eBaying will have to wait till tomorrow morning. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment