Have a little Paroozle..

Monday, 23 July 2012

Beautiful Summer!

Today has just been so much fun. Thomas rung me yesterday on his way to Ellice's house - she was in work all day today, so he asked if he could come and see us. So, we decided to go to the beach! Jared is writing his dissertation, so he was out of the house first thing this morning. The weather has been so good since yesterday, so i jumped at the chance to have some outside time! I packed up a lunch and did as much house work as possible before Tom arriving. As soon as he was with us, we were in the car, ready to go.

It was a bit of a nightmare getting there, as I’d forgotten the junction I was taking when I got to the M4. Thomas rung Jared, and for some reason, he thought Thomas and Ellice were in Cardiff, so he gave us directions from there. I followed them, only for them to lead me in completely the wrong way. I was NOT impressed to say the least! Bah! We did eventually get there though, with a struggle to get loose change from the tiny shop on the bay and the ticket machine not giving change, we finally got set up. It was just so beautiful where we were. Ethan loved it, as was Lily. Ethan wanted to eat lunch, build a sandcastle, go to the sea front and play with other children all in one go. It was so funny to watch! He couldn’t decide what to do with himself. So he contented himself by eating his sandwich and running around the picnic blanket. Lily sat with me eating sandwiches and sand. She spent most of the day sampling areas of it.

It was class to catch up with Tom, to hear what he is up to. It won’t be long before he goes on a mission. I am so excited to know where he is going! He had Lilsie while i fed them both lunchies;


Ethan enjoying his 'crips'. Crisps is a little bit more difficult to day. Look at that lovely little face. You wouldn't think he was a tinker;




He took both the kids down to the sea front for me, taking Lily into the water. She didn’t like it, and I don’t think Ethan would even go near the water. It was fun to observe them from the blanket. Lily wasn't too impressed;

Sand tastes yummy;


Thomas and i loved digging deep holes on holiday as children. It was fun to try and do it again. Sadly, the water level is too high!:

Giant tug of war against the sexes. Girls won 3 out of 4:


My lovely little girlie:

They were both absolutely shattered after the days events!:


They were not that impressed at being woken up. We did a quick whip round Tesco to get some food in ready for tomorrow – its Lily’s Birthday! We are going to have a birthday tea with Peter and Pauline. I also picked up some dinner for tonight. Sometimes cooking from scratch every day can be quite tiresome!

Thomas set off when we got home so that he could get back to Ellice for 6pm. Jared came home for dinner about 5.30ish. I miss seeing him in the days, i have to be honest. The kids do too. We cleaned up, Jared played with the kiddies, making them giggle before having a mass 24 fest. We watched 5 episodes on the trot! I have to be honest, i don't know how Jared does it. I am falling asleep by half ten. He nudges me and asks, 'Are you watching/paying attention?' I think we eventually went to sleep at 11pm. I love it, but it's very anti- effective. I've sold things on eBay that need bagging! :-)

Anything to keep the lovely husband happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment