Have a little Paroozle..

Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Strange Day...

Today has been an bit of a strange day - We planned to go to Cardiff with Jared's family to get some last bits and pieces for Christmas. Well, I couldn't get Jared up! We all slept in because, yet again, we went to bed far too late. I only just got up at 8.45am and Peter and Pauline were due to arrive at 9am! Thankfully they didn't come till nearly 10am, i guess tiredness got the better of them too. I only just managed to get Ethan up as he went to sleep just before 11pm last night. I got myself dressed and Lills, Ethan wanted some breakfast but wanted to eat it at the sofa instead of the table. I put my stamp of authority down and he kicked and screamed for ages. He cried and cried, pleaded with his nanny to let him sit and he wouldnt. Jared eventually got up and dressed, eventually being ready got 10.30am. We were due to be in Cardiff half hour ago. It all came to a head and Jared said he wasn't going to come anymore. So it was just Peter, Pauline, Sam, Lills and I going. I hate arguing with Jared so we left on bad terms.

On the way down, some of us were crying in the car at not having Philly with us - this really isn't a great start to the day at all! Thankfully thing's did start to pick up a bit, and the shopping trip went really well! We got all the things we needed and really stress free. It's not busy at all. I guess the bad economic climate has taken it's toll this year. Pauline bought me some nice things and we lunched at Subway. By the time we got into the car, the business had picked up a bit.

When they dropped me home, Jared was out, taking Ethan to the Primary party. I always get a little nervous seeing him after a spat, but i know he always wants to patch things up straight away. I am the stubborn one who isn't willing to let thing's go. Haha! We had an hour free of Chimps, so i focused on doing some family history for a while.

Jared fetched Chimps at 4pm - unfortuntately they sent out the wrong time so instead of being 3-6, it was 2-4. Gutting! So Ethan only had an hour at the party. When he got in, i got on with dinner before heading out to do my visiting teaching for the month. I did a bit of prep and found a brilliant site with all different ideas - www.visitingteaching.net - definitely worth looking at for future visits.

I picked Jenna Mcintyre up at 8pm and we visited Julie Jones, Helen Evans and Emma Jane. I didn't ring ahead at all so it was a door dropping session, so we were finished within the hour. I have always struggled with visiting teaching a little, as i felt it's sometimes a bit false. I can honestly say now, i am starting to gain a testimony of it and how important it is. One of my goals for next year is to get a full 12 months of it done. On the way home of dropping Jenna off, we got onto the subject of Philly and it just exploded out of me. I miss her so much. I don't think people realise how much she is on all our minds, how much it hurts and the thought of spending the next 50 years on this earth without seeing her is just too much to bear. Jenna was so kind, she cried with me. It's so hard, this life. I was so grateful for her kind words to me.

I decided to do my trip to Tesco tonight as i hate the manic rush in the day, so i did get the bits i needed. Jared asked me to get some gifts for his Home teaching family and Mo Pulman. She is currently in hospital after taking a fall and breaking her hip. We are going to make a visit to her tomorrow. I think i've finally finished getting all the gifts for everyone, yippeee! I spent some time when i got in doing the photo frames for Mangi and Dague, and Pauline. I'm quite chuffed at how they have turned out. I can't believe Christmas is only 5 sleeps away!

No comments:

Post a Comment