Today has been a bit of a nightmare. I had to post some more items for eBay and i slept in way too late. Little Lily was sleeping in too as she had screamed till after midnight last night. I think she had a bit of a windy pain.
Anyway, i got the kids washed and dressed and managed to make a real mess in the house. We finally got on the bus at about 11.45am, bearing in mind i was meant to be on it at 11am. It was pouring with rain, Ethan was crying because he didn't want to walk and Lily wasn't too impressed at sitting in a pram. I am so not organised! I really need to pre- prep every night!
So we eventually get into town, Ethan is still crying and Lily has finally fallen asleep. The heavens then decided to open on us! Poor Ethan is screaming, Lily is unaware as i had propped an umbrella over her and i can feel myself getting wetter and wetter. Booooo! All the while I'm cursing the weather, Jared for having a nice warm car to sit in and myself for trying to attempt this with no proper coat on! Hahaha! I laugh now as I'm all warm. I walk to a cafe just down the road and realise i have no cash and they don't take card, so i settle for a Greggs for Ethan. He cheers up a little when i get a cupcake for him.
I took the bus up to the top of Heolgerrig hill and drop him into school. I can still feel like he's not himself so stayed for a minute with him - before long he was up playing, so i did the tedious journey back into town to post my ebay items, then bused it home. By the time i got in, it was 2.30pm! Ethan finished at 3pm! Thankfully i have a lovely mother in law who offered to fetch him for me, so i didn't have to go into the awful cold again. Thank you Pauline! :)
I spent some time looking at cars and i think i've found the perfect one. The only problem is i let it slip through my fingers! Only to go on to find another perfect car, so fingers crossed we will win this one. If not, there are always others!
It was a bit of a rush getting tea ready and myself ready to go out - Jared has a meeting in Swansea and i an activity down the church. Pauline was very kind to help us out with lifts as she was looking after Ethan. I could tell that he still wasn't right as he fell asleep on the sofa straight away, poor boy.
The evening was lovely and i spent some time with Rhian, Sarah, the missionaries and the Young Women. We had proper pork/turkey/beef rolls with salad and coleslaw, a wonderful message on charity by Cheryl, our Relief Society President, Christmas from different parts of the world, like America, Sri Lanka, Mexico and Poland. We then played a present swapping game, to which i won a pair of earrings, a LOVE Sign and a cute little wooden box. I was chuffed!
When i got home after cleaning up, Jared was home and told me they had all forgotten about the meeting so he had to find something to do for 3 hours. Poor boy! I couldn't stay up to watch a Doc Martin as i was so tired and i had to lay Ethan's birthday presents out. I can't wait to see that little face!





No comments:
Post a Comment