I got there for 11.30am, just before having lunch. Peter and Pauline seemed really upbeat. We have to treat it like a normal day. I waited for Pauline to be by herself before giving the bookmarks. She was very grateful. It's one thing that Philly has left behind that's so strong. Her love of the gospel was so obvious for all to see.
After dinner, Peter, Sam and Jared headed off to Cardiff to see two matches in Cardiff. I thought about going to Parc in Cardiff. It was a nightmare. We spent an hour and a half driving round Cardiff trying to find it. No signs! Satnav Charger broken! It was such a waste! The kids had had enough too. In the end, we stopped at Techniquest to ask for directions, and she got us to the right road, but wrong turning. By the end of journey, we both said that we should go home. Parc Cardiff, your directions are rubbish and i don't know why you aren't sign posted! We even stopped to ask people where it was, and none of them knew or even heard of it! Nightmare! I felt terrible too, especially as I tried to make it a busy day.
On the way home, the sun had picked up and it had warmed up loads, so we decided to stop at Ponty ark. I haven't been there in so long. It was a big trip down memory lane! All of it came flooding back. Ethan loved it too. He loves slides.
Ahh it was fun. Ethan enjoyed it. They had the best rope swing there too! We went for some chips in a local chippy - there was a middle eastern man there, serving us. Ethan looked at me and said he was a naughty man. When i corrected him, he said 'No, it's OK mummy, like the naughty ones of Rio!' Haahaha! We laughed and laughed at that comment. We walked back to the car, got the kiddies home and to bed and watched the Olympics. It wasn't such a bad day after all. I thought it would have been worse. We are all one year closer to seeing her again.
No comments:
Post a Comment